When your garage door is not working properly, it can cause major frustration and you will lose access to an incredibly important part of your home.
Our staff is expertly trained to diagnose and repair all major makes and models of both overhead and garage doors. We offer same day service and are available for all of your garage door repair needs 24 hours a day. Call now for a free estimate at (713) 462-4364!
The garage door is probably the largest moving part around the house and of course it gets used a lot, so it is very important to keep it properly maintained.
Let CMG Garage Door Repair of Houston, Texas tackle your next garage door repair job. We have years of experince in garage door repair and service. Our Service area includes Houston, Sugar Land, Katy, The Woodlands, Spring Texas, Spring Branch, Clear Lake, Pearland Texas and Kingwood. Call Today for a Free Estimate!
- First, check all the moving components of the door mechanism to make sure none are bent or broken.
- Check and lubricate the rails and axels and make sure the axels are tight and secure. Lubricate the hinges, springs and rollers with light household oil.
- Using a soft cloth, wipe down the door with a household detergent diluted with water. You can apply car wax to the door to keep it free of dirt and moisture.
- On most garage door systems you can adjust the sensitivity of the door operation. Consult your manual to find out how.
- Keep wooden doors painted inside and out, and caulk any cracks or gaps.
- Check the weather sealant at the bottom of the door. If it is cracked or broken, it must be replaced.
- Rust is a major enemy for any garage door. Yearly maintenance can help keep it away.